Wednesday 22 September 2010

I went to a talk with Ignasi Bianch, illustrator and Antonio Ventura editor from El Jinete Azul.

Things to sum up about yesterday's talk:
1. I hate speaking in public though I need to push myself to do it.
2. Am I in a constant identity crisis that affects my own work? Why some locals tend to look outside for influences when there's so much visual richness in our own surroundings? How to go back to the roots without being false? How to mix the nostalgia from the place that you want be but you can't and the place that you have to be but you don't want?
3. A little sum up of what they said:
- Personal satisfaction
- Being honest with my own work
- Strong sense of self and personal goals
- Have fun
- Be careful with what the final purpose is
4. Between the pursuit of surpassing mediocrity and achieving perfection the only thing I really care about is producing. Never keep things inside, try to put things out there. That for me, is already an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment