Monday 2 May 2011

So much to do and so little time Part 1

Shameful. It's been more than a month and I haven't post anything at all. I think I even forgot my english. But that doesn't really matter since I've been working so hard in other stuff so blogging wasn't priority.
I didn't celebrate my Happy 9 months in Bogotá so I'll have a "bonus" on the next anniversary to post.

Last post I talked about working for Some Books Are to Be Tasted, the book arts exhibition that we recently open and although I will talk a little bit about it I'll keep it short since all the information can be found in the website I created for the exhibition:

http://somebooksaretobetasted.wordpress.com/


Some books are to be tasted...

Some Books Are To Be Tasted was the third edition of a curatorial project of collective Book Triangle, linking three schools of art: University for the Creative Arts (UCA), Maidstone, England, Academy of Fine Arts, Katowice, Poland and the Department of Visual Arts (DAV) at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. The purpose was to exhibit books from different latitudes developed from different definitions of what is called Book-Art. I was in charge of assisting Professor Diana Castellanos for the design and set up of the show. We had been working for long time in order to offer a "taste" of students and alumni ideas.
It was a very rewarding experience from the beginning to the end and I want to thank Diana for making me part of it. I'm so proud of the final result since we all worked hard to make it happen.

The opening night

It was also a great opportunity to see amazing work from all over the world and meet inspiring people like Silke Dettmers, Associate Professor at the UCA, Maidstone and Martin Pover photographer. Thanks for all the support and good vibes!

Polonia and Colombia bookworks

Carolina, Diana, Silke

Now, things to improve for the next exhibition:
- Check schedule everyday, there is always something to add.
- Start spreading the word from early days (Blog, Facebook, cultural magazines and newspapers etc) Also arts and entertainment journalists never have time for you unless you chase them until they get fed up and do something.
- Plan the installation preferably at the gallery (if they are collaborative enough) and place works as a mockup before unpacking everything.
- When unpacking always keep lots of tools, plastic, sellotape or masking tape and gloves.

That's it. Sounds silly but the thing is I generally forget everything so I need to remind myself silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment