Monday 23 May 2011

Looking for inspiration (#375769)

Another day in no-inspiration land. How come is my mind so dry? I don't know how it works, it just comes and goes. And I think is deeply attached to whatever is the current mood. I think I'm petrified, I don't know if I'll be able to make a good job at work.I want to make a beautiful magazine and I want to stop being so damn chaotic.
I only find light at the end f this tunnel looking at my favourite books.
Yesterday I remember a book I once saw in New York and never bought until I came back home and regretted it. I then ordered it from Amazon and because is so precious to me I keep it almost hidden in my little library and I often forget I have it. I introduce you to Mayra Kalman and her amazing The Principles of Uncertainty

Her book is a like a personal journal that keeps account of one year of her life using both text and pictures. I admire her honest, simple and reflective writing combined with her almost childish but beautifully made illustrations.



Her style and her way of looking at life have strongly influenced most of my work.
To see more about the book, how and who designed see http://workrepository.com/index.html

I don't know if I'll be making much work this days. But I'll keep myself idle and restless at the same time until I see the light again, oh my.

Photos from http://workrepository.com/work_pages/maira_kalman/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment